Student Thermoformed Part Competition Rules and Entry Form for 2017
The purpose of the Freetech Plastics Student parts competition is to encourage College and University Industrial Design and Engineering Students to design and then manufacture a product using the Thermoforming Process.
This competition is designed to stimulate use of the thermoforming process in design and engineering schools. Each year, the Finalists have their entries judged at the annual Industrial Designers Society of America Conference.
The contest is judged by both Senior Industrial Designers, and Thermoforming experts. The prizes are awarded on both design creativity and best use of the Thermoforming Process. The awards are announced during the IDSA National conference in the design gallery.
Deadline for Submissions
- Part must be thermoformed using a student made tool on a thermoforming machine.
- Handmade or hand draped parts will not be considered.
- A picture of the mold and the forming machine used must accompany the submission.
- Mold must be capable of producing at least 3 parts.
- Parts must have been made during the current School year.
- Parts will be judged on originality of design, as well as complexity and creative use of the thermoforming process.
- Students must allow their part to be displayed at The International IDSA Conference.
- When submitting your entry you will need to send an 11”x17 foam core display board with your part on the front and the mold and machine formed on the back, Per Example shown. You should send an electronic version with your entry form
- You must submit part by end of business July 15th 2017 at
2211 Warm Springs Ct
Fremont CA, 94539
ATT: Student Parts Competition
Scholarship Entry Form
Upon completing the form submission, you will be supplied with an email address to send pictures of the submission part and the machine you formed the part on.
Turtle Shower Caddy
“Pyxis” Picnic Box
Imprint Transradial Prosthesis
Reform Shelf System
LED Road Flare
Hard Shell First Responder Pack
Rotatable Knee Board
Table Top Vase